Turin - Italy
Pininfarina Engineering in Italy is looking for an Engineering Manager with demonstrable experience matured in multiple projects.
Key Responsibilities / Main tasks
Reporting to the Engineering Vice President:
- Define Content to achieve Attribute Targets and agree on Cost/Timing/Quality compatibility.
- Lead cross functional work streams to define and agree on trade-offs and obtain best balance for the Program.
- Develop and complete required Engineering Deliverables to support Program Gateways on time.
- Coordinate and oversee technical developments and tuning activities to deliver compatible Attribute Targets, cross-functional Attributes harmony, maximize the content cost efficiency and ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Support Program Budget and Timing definition and execution (development costs/timing, headcount, travel costs, prototype costs, tests planning activities, etc).
- Monitors vehicle level dimensional targets, throughout the entire product development phases, establishes corrective action plans and implements those in alignment with the functional integrations teams.
- Lead all vehicle architecture and package team members, including contracting engineering service suppliers needed to accomplish program objectives & knowledge transfer to internal employees
- Manage projects to ensure timely program deliverables within budget
- Support vehicle development milestones and build events, increasing the value of the other involved departments (marketing, design and Customer’s engineering dept.).
- Prepare presentations for executive management.
- Organize and lead internal and external project team meetings.
- Regular reporting to project team and management.
- Additional information:
- Availability to travel to clients, suppliers’ sites and testing facilities (both domestic and international).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of main vehicle attributes and performances
- Proven experience of automotive development processes are required together with the ability to deliver and lead projects on time, working within high regards to gateway deadlines and resolving technical issues with robust solutions.
- English language: advanced
- Driving license is needed
- Communication skills with the ability to organize design reviews and convey design changes to partner teams.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage working team.
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours, and adaptability to changing and multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexible, fast learner.
- Excellent communication skills with professional and positive attitude, ability to work in a global development team
- Master degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of automotive experience