Senior Interior Designer
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS JOB:
- For consideration, please upload your resume plus portfolio, both not to exceed 6Mb
- All applicants should be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Pininfarina of America Corp. is currently seeking an energetic, talented, and driven Senior Interior Designer with experience in high-end contemporary Architecture and Interior design. This position is for work in our Miami office, and it is for immediate employment, hands-on, in a collaborative work environment. This position requires strong graphics, digital modeling, ACAD and communication skills, both written and verbal. Understanding of and experience in integrated architectural and interior design projects is a large plus.
The interior designer will be a part of a busy and compact design team. You will be a naturally creative person with a passion for interior design, architecture, and event design and have a proven track record. The key focus will be to produce innovative, creative interior design concepts for a wide range of typologies.
Responsibility from design concept, through developed design, finishing, and FF&E.
- Be creatively responsible for your own projects – ensuring that ideas are realized, implemented, and delivered to the highest standards.
- Lead design concepts that can be quickly turned into 3d models for concept evaluation
- Lead interior design assignments that include all aspects of conceptual design, schematic design. Good knowledge of design development, construction documentation, permit processing, and construction administration is a big plus.
- Develop and deliver graphic presentations and design documentation for architectural interiors, nautical design, and transportation design including visuals, storyboards, material boards, and proposals.
- Ensure quality control at every stage of the design and production process with an exceptional degree of accuracy and attention to design detail
- Work in close collaboration with our customers to challenge project briefs and set the creative ambition level for projects.
- Create and maintain project spec book as both a working and archival interior design document
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and materials available on the market for an assigned studio
- Research, select, and document the overall interiors package for a variety of projects, including but not limited to full FF&E:
- – concept/style development
- – color palette development
- – interior finish material selection
- – furniture and fabric selection
- – fixture and equipment selection
- Participate in new business development efforts: Aid on the drafting of competitive proposals, contracts, and other related documents
- Supervise, mentor, and provide support to team members
- 8+ years of a minimum of relevant design experience in interiors
- Certificate/License Interior Designer required
- Bachelors’ degree in interior design or architecture. Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent aesthetic sensibilities, design and technical
- Strong writing and presentation skills; ability to draft graphically appealing presentation documents
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- time management and ability to multitask are essential
- Experience sourcing, selecting and specifying interior finishes – CMF (Colors, Materials & Finishes) & FF&E (Furniture Finishes and Equipment)
- Lighting design experience as related to application and development of custom lighting
- Expert in interior detailing and detailed elevations
- Expert knowledge of custom and buy out furniture specifications
- Spec writing and/or in spec writing software
- knowledge of the value engineering process
- Fluent in English. Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, V-ray, and Photoshop. High efficiency on 3D modeling and complex surfacing as well as final presentation quality 3d rendering imagery.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- 3D Max
- Other 3d modeling applications