WE MOVE DREAMS
Pininfarina combines elegant styling concepts with today’s engineering solutions for the dream of tomorrow.
Welcome to the world of Pininfarina.
From Germany, we control and coordinate projects of our German customers for the entire Pininfarina Group and are the first point of contact for all core areas from the development competence at system level up to small series manufacturing at Turin.
With over 230 highly qualified employees, at the locations in Munich and Leonberg, we put our focus on customer proximity, fast reaction time and efficient and innovative project implementation.
In the automotive world, Pininfarina covers from cars to commercial vehicles the entire value chain from vehicle styling to complete vehicle development, .
Pre-development concepts including styling, modeling, VR, individual and innovative packaging solutions on system and component level, supplier management and series production support, prototype development up to manufacturing of show cars and small series.
We understand the mobility of the future as a holistic approach and continuously expand towards the expectations of our customers.
TURN KEY PROVIDER
The engineering portfolio of Pininfarina Deutschland covers the entire development process of the vehicle development. Pininfarina group combines elegant styling concepts with functional engineering solutions. In industry and automotive, from car to commercial vehicle, from prototype to series production. From Germany, we control and coordinate projects of our German customers for the entire Pininfarina Group and are the first point of contact for all core areas.
Definition of vehicle characteristics based on design data
- Package and clearance definition
- Checking of the interior concepts
- Definition of the first storage concepts
- Design of operating and gripping spaces
- Definition of specific ergonomics concepts
- Review of country-specific legal requirements
- Clearance approval of new drivetrain types and energy storage
Development of the automotive living space in the interior
- Innovative cockpit modules for the digital world
- Integration of screens and displays for communication
- Switch-reduced consoles with touch pads
- Covering parts and panels including ambient lighting
- Sound-optimized cover parts and carpets
- Component development in all surface types from plastic to leather
- Integration of restraint systems
- Seats for series production and sport derivatives including metal structure
- Design of the components in sustainable materials including virtual validation
Characteristic of the specific character of the vehicle in the exterior
- Doors and flaps made of different materials
- Integration of sensors and cameras for autonomous driving
- Development of bumpers according to safety requirements
- Light and sight including cleaning systems
- Innovative modular roof systems
- Mirror systems with integrated functions
- Manual and electric opening and closing systems
- Integration of country-specific charging ports
Body In White
Body in white structures for the vehicles of today and tomorrow
- Economical structures in steel, aluminum and fiber reinforced materials
- Development of various framework concepts
- Crash-optimized design including virtual validation
- Consideration of all common connection types
- Modular design of frame and body structures
- Weight optimization of components in different materials
- Crash-proof integration of energy storage
- Innovative profile design
Drive train for the mobility of the future
- Package of new drivetrain technologies in all sorts of vehicles
- Development and integration of modular battery systems
- Design of cooling systems for battery systems and HV components
- Integration of HV components
- Virtual design of HV cable harnesses
- HEAD OF ENGINEERING GERMANY
Bernd A. Bauer
- HEAD OF SALES GERMANY
- SENIOR SALES MANAGER
- SALES MANAGER
Anneli von Knoop
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Controlling / Main Contact for Sub-Suppliers
2018 – CHANGE OF MANAGEMENT
July 2018, David Gagliardi takes over management as new CEO together with Rocco Venneri as CFO.
2013 – MPX ENTWICKLUNG BECOMES PININFARINA DEUTSCHLAND
October 2013, the two subsidiaries of mpx Entwicklung GmbH in Munich and Stuttgart merge to Pininfarina Deutschland GmbH, headquartered in Munich.
2006 – REORGANISATION AND FOUNDING OF MPX ENTWICKLUNG GMBH
- August 2006, incorporation of the Munich branch office MSX International into the Pininfarina Group under the new name mpx Entwicklung GmbH in Munich
- December 2006, relocation of the headquarter Pininfarina Deutschland GmbH from Renningen to Leonberg
- June 2007, start of mpx as branch office of Pininfarina Deutschland at location Leonberg
- April 2008, founding of mpx Entwicklung GmbH in Leonberg
- May 2008, Pininfarina Deutschland becomes Holding and transfers the active business to its wholly owned subsidiaries – mpx Entwicklung GmbH in Munich and mpx Entwicklung GmbH in Leonberg
1991 – FOUNDING OF PININFARINA DEUTSCHLAND
Through the acquisition of Erich Sollner KG, Pininfarina Deutschland GmbH in Renningen near Stuttgart becomes a subsidiary of the Italian Pininfarina S.p.A.
Our services are certified
Achieving and obtaining the necessary certifications is an important matter for us as customer benefit and constant quality improvement.
Through our integrated management system, we are able to prove the requirements of the following certificates:
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 (Links: main certificate Munich, annex main certificate, annex for the branch office)