Miami - USA
Job Profile and Description
Reporting to Design Manager, this position will participate in both internal and clients creative design projects to realize visual design intent through all design phases (from design inception to production) by being a proactive spokesperson for each project they participate in. Responsible for their concepts, interface design, color, branding, and graphic design. Ensure that product development objectives and schedules are met. Maintain an understanding of the market, competition, industry, technology, and trends. Inspire the domestic and international design teams by continually pushing the boundaries of design innovation. Respond to project objectives with creative and innovative design solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility.
- Assist in developing UI/UX design concepts that maximize usability, visual innovative aesthetics and desire amongst our customers.
- Assist in developing solutions that achieve all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering as well as fit within the client’s core brand vision.
- Provide and communicate, when required, a supporting case for a design direction or detail choices.
- Collaborate with Senior Designers and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the UI direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Travel if projects require for short- or medium-term durations within and out of the US.
- Follow other requests from management supporting necessary assignments to conduct and enhance business.
Skills and Specifications
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of UI Design. And may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
- Conceptual skills as well as a balance of aesthetic sensitivity and digital aptitude
- Excellent visual skills, critical judgment of user interaction and visual detail
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Structured, organized and methodical in terms of research, work processes and communication
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once
- Team player who is able to objectively contribute to larger group discussions
- Self-sufficient quick learner with the ability to creatively solve problems at a rapid pace
- Capacity to balance creative initiative and ability to take direction
- Ability to create and improve complex structural digital interface concepts
- Ability to envision UI concepts as sketches, renderings, theme boards, and functioning prototyped
- Knowledge of electronic components, manufacturing, and prototyping processes is a plus
- Open minded with a passionate and adventurous outlook to UI design
- Ability to identify new market opportunities and integrate new technologies into product concepts
- Stay up-to-date on UI trends, Electronics, and innovations
- Maturity, confidence and humility to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced team environment
- Graphic and computer rendering skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Omni Graffle, PPT and other professional tools.
- The ability to think on your feet -react and problem-solve on the spot
- Great communication skills/ Capable of presenting (or defending) specific design intent or direction
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present specific design directions / concepts as well as provide their respective support material (research, trend and/or color study, etc.).
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Visual Communication or Interaction design
- 2-6 years experience in UI/Graphic design
- English proficiency required, Italian, and/or other languages a plus.
How you match, Criteria provided by job poster
- No match – Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- No match – HTML
- No match
User Interface Design
- No match – Rapid Prototyping
Level of education
- Match – Bachelor’s Degree
- Mid-Senior level
- Architecture & Planning